Viewing Your Course and Getting Started
You can access this course anytime from the Courses page. Here's how.
- Click the Courses link in the header to view all courses.
- Click the link/course tile for Jump Into Scrivener 3 for Mac: A Mini-Course for Scrivener 2 Users. The course page loads.
- Click the lesson tile or link for “How This Course Works” (or any desired lesson) to get started. You can jump directly to a lesson by clicking it in the outline below or to the right of the Get Started/Continue button (see above).
Moving to the Next Lesson
To move to the next lesson, click the Next Lesson: <Lesson Name> button below at the bottom of the current lesson, or select a lesson from the outline at the right. Because this is a free course without enrollment, the course syllabus will not track which lessons you've completed.
You can also go back a lesson by clicking the Previous Lesson tile.
Returning to the Main Course Page
Return to the main course page anytime by clicking the link at the top of any lesson.
Some of the lessons include a fully captioned video review. Here’s how to use the video player.
- To watch a video, click the Play button on the video (right-pointing triangle).
- To pause, click the Pause button (two vertical bars).
- To view the video in full screen, click the Full Screen button.
- To adjust the video quality, click the HD button on the player. Higher numbers are better.
- To turn on closed captioning, click the CC button at bottom right of player (not shown in image below) and choose English CC. Click the CC button again to turn off captions.
- To exit full screen, click the Full Screen button again, or press the Esc key on your keyboard.
To download a file, simply click the link for the desired version.
NOTE: If a PDF opens in your web browser instead, you can click the download button on the screen, or go to File—>Export As PDF.
If you’d like to try the lesson material on your own Scrivener project, the review sheets are a good way to walk through highlights of the course.
Viewing Your Courses and Achievements
Click Your Account | Log In. If/once you are logged into the site, the Your Account page displays your course enrollments and any achievement badges you’ve earned for completing lessons and courses.
Changing Your Account Settings
Click the Account Settings link at the top to change your name, email address, or password.
If you’d like to have a photo associated with your account, you can create a Gravatar linked to the email you’re using for the course. It’s free. For more information, check out http://en.gravatar.com.