Back to: Scrivener 3 Compile Mastery for Windows
If you don't already have Scrivener 3 on your PC, you'll need to download and install it. The free trial of Scrivener is the full version of the software, but it expires after 30 uses if you don't provide a serial number as proof of purchase. Here's how to download, purchase, and install Scrivener 3.
1. Go to https://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener/download and click the Download button under the Windows x64 heading.
2. Once it’s finished downloading, you can choose to Run the installer from your browser, or double-click the Scrivener-installer file in the Downloads folder on your hard drive.
3. Once Scrivener opens, you’ll be prompted to Buy Now. If you already have Scrivener, you want to ensure you get your discount, so click the “Upgrade from an older version” link. If you don't plan to buy Scrivener right now, click Continue Trial.
4. You’ll be prompted to enter the email you used when you registered the old version, and the license code you received when you bought the old version. NOTE: Your license code looks something like this: SCRIV3WIN001-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. If you can’t find the license, go to Literature & Latte’s “Lost License Recovery” page.
5. After you've entered the requested info, click Check for Discount.
6. If Scrivener informs you that you’re eligible for a discount, click Get Coupon. (I believe this step is necessary because they changed licensing providers a few years back.)
The coupon code will appear. Copy it, just in case, but it should be automatically entered at the retail site when you click Buy Now.
7. Enter your payment information. Within a few minutes, your Scrivener version should be activated. You’ll receive an email with the license number, which you should keep in a safe place in case you ever need to reactivate your software, or for when you install it on another computer in your household.