Downloading the Scrivener Software
If you haven't done it already, here's how to download the Scrivener software to your computer.
- Go to http://literatureandlatte.com.
- Click the Download Free Trial button.
- Click the Download Free Trial button for the Windows version.
The Scrivener-installer.exe file downloads to you computer, most likely to your Downloads folder.
Here's how to install Scrivener once you've downloaded the file.
- If you got a bar at the bottom of your browser while the file was downloading, click Run (see image above). If not, go to your Downloads folder and double-click the scrivener-installer.exe file.
Scrivener runs the installer.
- Follow the prompts to install the software.
- Once Scrivener is installed, delete scrivener-installer.exe from the Downloads folder.
Registering/Paying for Scrivener
Scrivener comes with a 30-use free trial. Every time you open the software during the free trial, Scrivener will remind you how many days you have left and prompt you to pay and register.
— Click Buy Online to purchase Scrivener. (Or click here to purchase now.)
Upon payment, you'll receive a registration code via email with your unique serial number in the following format:
TIP: Save the serial number and name you registered under in a safe place. You'll need both again if you install Scrivener on an additional computer in your household (must also be a Windows PC), or if you have to reinstall after a hard drive failure, etc.
To register your copy, do the following.
- Open Scrivener.
You should get a “Scrivener is unregistered!” text box prompting you to pay and register. (If not, go to Help—>Registration.)
- In the Serial Number Name text box, enter the name you used when you paid.
- In the Serial Number text box, enter the serial number (or copy and paste from your confirmation email).
- Click Register.
Once your information is authenticated, you can begin using Scrivener immediately, and you won't receive the prompt to register anymore.