Enroll anytime for indefinite access to lessons, videos, and the class instructor for questions. Want to know how to turn your manuscript into a Word document, print-ready PDF, ebook, or other file? This course teaches you everything you need to know to compile your work in Scrivener 3. It provides the essential functions and features of compiling, and digs deep to show you how to customize your output. By the end of this course, you will:
- understand what compiling is.
- be able to set up your project binder for best compile results.
- know how to utilize section types for easier formatting.
- understand the purpose of the Compile window's sections.
- be able to run through simple compile scenarios in minutes.
- understand how to customize the Compile function for your needs.
- be able to create drop caps, custom chapter headings, image separators, files for POD books, printed outlines, and more.
- 43 step-by-step lessons
- 18 instructional videos
- Q&A with the instructor (via lesson comments)
- Progress chart to keep you on track
Requirements: Scrivener 3 (trial or paid version, or willingness to download it), Windows 7 SP1+ with .NET Framework 4.6.2+, and a basic understanding of Scrivener 3.
Price: $39 Want to try before you buy? Check out the FREE lessons below. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see what other students have to say about this course.
Unlimited access with no expiration date.
Things to Know Before You Start
Preparing Your Project
Setting Up Section Types
Getting Started with Compile
Choices, Choices, Choices
Customizing Scrivener Formats
Specific Compile Scenarios and Troubleshooting
Getting More Scrivener Help
What Others Have Said
Worth Double the Money
When I first got Scrivener, I didn't use it until I took Gwen's original classes. I'm smart and usually very capable of figuring things out for myself, but Scrivener is different enough from what I'm used to that my patience fails me. I was super excited when we finally got Scrivener 3, and I figured out everything I needed to...until it came time to compile my ebook for publication. I'm used to just clicking "As Is" and "Page Break Before" and then everything is exactly as I want it. Scriv3 laughed in my face. 🙂 This class is so well structured, and the explanations incredibly clear. I'm confident that I can move forward and achieve the results I want with much less frustration than before! 🙂 Thank you, Gwen, for sharing your expertise.