Scrivener would be perfect for you. If only you could figure it out, right?
Or, maybe you’ve been writing with Scrivener for a while, but you feel like you’re not using it to its full potential.
Let me help. I take the fear out of learning Scrivener.
“Fantastic course. I’ve been using Scrivener for years. Long enough to think I know enough to work efficiently. Think again, I was surprised at how much I didn’t know.” ~ HSS
Why not start today and start loving this program? Courses are available all year long and include FREE lessons to so you can try before you buy. Join when you’re ready and get:
- instant access when you’re ready to start learning
- step-by-step explanations in easy-to-digest lessons
- unlimited Q&A with the instructor
- lots of screenshots
- video walk-throughs (with closed captioning)
- downloadable review sheets
- a mobile-friendly layout
- all of the above indefinitely
Try out the free lessons on any course page to see if my teaching style is right for you.
“This class with its easy to understand and follow instructions and tutorials has been a godsend. So comprehensive and also manageable…I’ll definitely sign up for more courses presented in this format.” ~ pamalaknight
- Looking for a Scrivener for iOS course? Check out this awesome Udemy class created by super-user Steve Shipley and Scrivener for Windows and iOS developer Lee Powell.
Why Learn From Me?
I’m a working writer, using Scrivener nearly every day for my own manuscripts, blog posts, and more.
Since 2010, I’ve helped thousands of people all over the world through online courses and one-on-one training, in-person workshops, and Scrivener For Dummies.
I love to learn and I love to teach. I’d love to help you learn Scrivener.
Not sure if you’ll like my style? Try out the free lessons on any course page.
“I have already started working my own projects with confidence that…my writing will get from mind to page, instead of holding back for want of ‘missing’ pieces of the application.” ~ Ed Bordeau
Why Scrivener? Here are a Few of My Favorite Features…
1. Scrivener remembers your spot. When you open a project in Scrivener, it takes you right to where you left off, both within the project and within a document. Great when writing, and a lifesaver during revisions.
2. Your manuscript structure is easy to see. Scrivener lets you write in chunks (e.g. scenes, sections, blog posts, articles, or chapters) called documents, giving you an at-a-glance overview of your entire manuscript, and thus the structure of your work.
Change your mind about the order of scenes or chapters? It’s a cinch to move them around and play with a different story flow.
3. Color-coding. In Scrivener, you can color code your documents by point-of-view, revision status, article author, topic, setting, timeline, story structure, article location, submission status, or whatever else you want to track visually.
4. Saving epiphanies is easy. Muse gave you an idea for a future scene, but you’re not ready for it yet? Create a new document, write out your idea, then ignore it until you figure out where it goes.
5. You can leave notes for yourself. Can’t think of that perfect comeback line for your heroine? Need to research the proper term for a man’s undergarment in 1821 England? Want to mark the location of a good excerpt for marketing? Comments and annotations make it easy.
6. Auto-save protects your hard work. If you’ve ever faced the Blue Screen of Death, or lost power after writing 3,000 words without saving, you’ll appreciate that Scrivener saves your project frequently. So while you’re pondering your next sentence, Scrivener is committing your words to memory.
7. Scrivener is like Mary Poppins’ bottomless bag. You can import research documents, web pages/links, and photos right into your project, along with any writing you already started in another program.
Plus, you can keep outlines, notes on ideas for changes and future scenes, and character and setting information all within the project. No more scouring your hard drive or that pile of sticky notes on your desk for a crucial piece of information.
8. Working without distractions. Scrivener’s full screen composition mode blocks out all distractions, making it easier to focus on your writing. Change the background color or image to suit your mood.
9. Exporting to e-books is a snap. Scrivener is your one-stop publishing program. When your masterpiece is done, you can compile (export) it to an EPUB or MOBI (Amazon) file for easy self-publishing, or for perusing on your e-reader. You can also export to DOC/DOCX, RTF, TXT, PDF, HTML, direct-to-printer, and other formats, including Final Draft (screenplay software).
“Had played with Scrivener on and off for nearly a year before trying Gwen’s course. Wished I had started here.” ~ Williford.r